Patients: Visits & What to Expect
Free 15 minute consultation
Dr. Van Dusen offers free 15 minute consultations to prospective patients. If you are interested in meeting her and learning more about her approach before scheduling a full visit, you can start here. Call the office at 360-306-8313 to schedule a free 15 minute consultation.
Your first visit will last between 1 and 1 ½ hours depending on complexity. Dr. Van Dusen will take a thorough medical history as well as ask questions to gain an understanding of your lifestyle. She will perform any necessary physical exams and possibly order labs or imaging if necessary. You will leave with clear treatment guidelines and a plan for follow-up.
What to bring
- Your completed new patient packet. See below under “New Patient Forms”. Even better, mail (with sufficient time), email, fax, or drop it off prior to your visit so that Dr. Van Dusen has time to review your health history beforehand. Contact info.
- Any pertinent medical records you have including recent lab or imaging reports. You can either bring these or have them sent. Download the records request form below if needed. Dr. Van Dusen typically likes to see lab and imaging reports from the past 3 years. She usually does not need to see other doctors’ chart notes.
Return visits last between 45 minutes and 1 hour. These visits focus on assessing progress and modifying your treatment plan as necessary. Acute visits and lab review appointments are generally shorter; 30 minutes or less.
Dr. Van Dusen is available for scheduled visits by phone for return patients when necessary. New patient visits are only done in office. Contact info.
New Patient Forms
Please fill out the following forms as appropriate and bring them with you to your first visit. Double-sided is fine and saves paper! It is helpful for us to have copies of recent records if you have been under the care of another provider. You can download and use our records request form to have records sent by your provider.
Rates and Insurance
We do not bill insurance directly and do request payment for visits at the time of service. Dr. Van Dusen is considered an “out of network” provider for all insurance plans. We are happy to help you to navigate seeking reimbursement directly from your insurance company. Many companies have great benefits for services outside their network of providers. For those patients who do not have coverage, we try to keep our rates reasonable and we also work with local labs to keep those prices low too.
Please feel free to call our office with any pricing questions. Contact info.
We have provided these forms to help patients inquire about their out of network benefits, and to seek reimbursement directly from their insurance company:
We offer the following discounts:
- Student Discount: 10 % discount on office visits for college students with valid student ID.
- Cyclist Discount: Bike to your visit and receive 10% off your office visit.
- Senior Discount: 10% discount on office visits for patients over 65 years of age.
- Smart Trips Discount: Present a valid Smart Trips card or WTA bus pass and receive 10% off your office visit.
- Craniosacral packages: We offer special packages for craniosacral therapy that result in a 15% discount when 4 visits are paid for up front (expires 1 yr from purchase date).
Payment is due in full at the time of service. We accept payment by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please give us at least 24 hours notice. Appointments that are either missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice (excluding emergencies) will be charged a $35 fee. If a patient misses more than 1 appointment, we do charge for the full price of the scheduled visit.
Dr. Van Dusen is happy to answer questions regarding your current treatment plan over the phone or via e-mail. Questions requiring more than 10 minutes or not related to your current treatment plan will be charged at the regular hourly rate. Contact info.
Use the following link to download a complimentary copy of our Hipaa notice/agreement if desired: