Patients: Visits & What to Expect
Free 15 minute consultation
Dr. Van Dusen offers free 15 minute consultations to prospective patients. If you are interested in meeting her and learning more about her approach before scheduling a full visit, you can start here. Call the office at 360-306-8313 to schedule a free 15 minute consultation.
Your first visit will last between 1 and 1 ½ hours depending on complexity. Dr. Van Dusen will take a thorough medical history as well as ask questions to gain an understanding of your lifestyle. She will perform any necessary physical exams and possibly order labs or imaging if necessary. You will leave with clear treatment guidelines and a plan for follow-up.
What to bring
- Your completed new patient packet. See below under “New Patient Forms”.
- Any pertinent medical records you have including recent lab or imaging reports. You can either bring these or have them sent. Download the records request form below if needed. Dr. Van Dusen typically likes to see lab and imaging reports from the past 3 years. She usually does not need to see other doctors’ chart notes.
Return visits last between 45 minutes and 1 hour. These visits focus on assessing progress and modifying your treatment plan as necessary. Acute visits and lab review appointments are generally shorter; 30 minutes or less.
Dr. Van Dusen is available for scheduled visits by secure video conference and/or phone for return patients when necessary. New patient visits are typically only done in office but with current social distancing guidelines, she is also offering new patient visits via secure video conference. Telemedicine visits require a signed consent form; see below.
Craniosacral visits are scheduled for either 60 minutes or 90 minutes. First time craniosacral patients are scheduled for 90 minutes. Please wear comfortable clothing and be sure that you have a bit of time to relax and allow the therapy to sink in after your treatment.
New Patient Forms
Please fill out the following forms as appropriate and bring them with you to your first visit. Double-sided is fine and saves paper! It is helpful for us to have copies of recent records if you have been under the care of another provider. You can download and use our records request form to have records sent by your provider.
• Adult intake packet
• Basic/Craniosacral intake packet
• Pediatric intake packet (birth to 5)
• Pediatric intake packet (6-12)
• Teen intake packet
• Records request
• Text message agreement (optional; we typically send email appointment reminders, but we can send text appointment reminders in addition to, or in place of email reminders if you prefer).
• Telemedicine consent form (for patients who’s visit will take place over phone or video).
• Current Covid-19 in office policy (in light of current social-distancing guidelines for the state of Washington as well as re-opening guidelines for elective medical procedures).
We are pleased to offer a patient portal through Patient Fusion. This links to our electronic health record system. Via the portal, current patients can view lab results, upcoming and past appointments, care plans, medication and diagnosis lists, and send and receive secure Hipaa compliant messages with Dr. Van Dusen. Patients can also request to schedule, cancel, or re-schedule appointments via the portal. If you are a first time patient, you will automatically be “invited” to the portal via email after your first visit. Current patients who are not enrolled in the portal can call the office and ask to be invited any time.