Welcome to Vital Source Natural Medicine
Welcome to Vital Source Natural Medicine in Bellingham, WA: the Naturopathic Medical practice of Dr. Jessica Van Dusen, ND, CST.
The mission of this clinic is to provide comprehensive individualized holistic health care to our patients. Naturopathic medicine is an elegant blend of modern science and ancient wisdom, and is able to speak the language of both.
Our goal is not to treat disease, but rather to create health by supporting the natural healing abilities inherent in all of us. We do this by removing barriers to cure, supporting physiology, and encouraging a lifestyle that supports health.
By helping our patients get healthy, we also feel that we’re supporting a healthier community, a healthier environment, and a healthier world.
Please see COVID-19 information at the bottom of this page under “Clinic News”.
Naturopathic Medicine’s core guiding principles:
- First do no harm: employ the gentlest level of intervention necessary to promote healing without causing harm
- Treat the whole person: address the balance and interplay between the different organ systems of the body, as well as the mental, emotional, social, environmental, and spiritual aspects of health
- The healing power of nature: honor the body’s natural healing capacity, and utilize what nature has provided for healing
- Identify and treat the cause: identify and treat the root cause of illness
- Prevention: remove barriers to health and healing, and help patients create and sustain a lifestyle that promotes wellness and prevents disease
- Doctor as teacher: offer patients the knowledge and tools to become and remain healthy themselves, and to teach others to do the same.